Pages

Welcome to my blog!


If you ask me what my very favourite thing is I would not hesitate to say my family. I came into motherhood quite late on, and was immediately overwhelmed with how amazing it is. Now I would like nothing more than to be a Domestic Goddess, and surround my family in love, good food, beautiful things and lots of happy memories. And like the majority of families these days, we need to do it on a budget!

I firmly believe we all have a little bit of the Domestic Goddess inside us, just waiting to break out. Whether that is knowing how to make a roast chicken feed a family of 4 for a week, being able to make, repair or recycle clothes, hunting down a bargain, or simply turning everyday, simple things into pretty or useful items, with a little bit of imagination we can all dip in to the Goddess inside and make our lives that little bit more interesting.



I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy sharing my (challenging) journey into Domestic Goddessness!



Friday, September 16, 2016

Roald Dahl Day!

I'm not sure if you were aware but this week it was Roald Dahl's birthday. It was a biggy too, 100 years. To celebrate there have been a lot of different activities going on around the country. I hope you have been able to take part, especially if you have little people. We haven't been able to attend as much as we wanted to because of that horrid work thing getting in the way. Even so we were able to get to some story telling, and literacy workshops, craft activities and treasure hunts! It has been great fun, and even as an adult I have enjoyed reliving some of the stories I heard and read as a child, and discovering new ones too. I think there are few people who have had the same impact on our young as Roald Dahl has. And his legacy continues, not just in his writing, but in his charitable works as well. If you want to read more about his Marvellous Children's Charity, the website is here.

Most Primary aged children have been celebrating his birthday this week. my children included. I was given the task of coming up with a costume for my eldest to wear, as she had been requested to dress up as a character from one of the books. (As usual I was given about 5 days notice. Why do schools do that??!) At first she wanted to go as Matilda, but quickly changed her mind when she realised it would be a popular choice with the other girls. So we had a chat about it and decided on the Roly Poly Bird from the Twits and the Enormous Crocodile. 


So I set to it armed with offcuts of fabric, craft paper, card, an old pillow case and a few bendy straws. And I was actually quite pleased with my efforts. 


But most importantly, Eldest was happy. And that's what it's about!

Til next time!

No comments: